Thursday, July 15, 2010

Starbucks!


Here (in Kirkland Quebec) I have only seen one Starbucks. What a contrast to Vancouver!! I decided to capture the drinks in two different ways. I will explain.

The first is a warm photo, one object in focus, which creates an almost dripping image of this hot chocolate.

The other has a very "breakfasty," early morning look which fascinates me. It may not be taken perfectly *as you can see from the overexposure in some areas* but it conveys a message.

Do you agree with my analysis? Which do you prefer?

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree. I love the first photo. It really has the feel of a cosy coffee with friends or snuggled up with a good book.

    And the second one definitely conveys the grab and run side of Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, another contrast is the second photo feels more early morning while the first seems more at night. Do you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree. The light really gives it an early morning feeling. And the other one definitely seems like an evening photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. max -as i looked through your blog i couldn't help but feel the need to encourage and support your talent. your photos capture a subtlety that only a true, talented, gifted photographer has. your eye catches something that, as cliche as this sounds, an untrained eye could never catch. you are not pretentious - you truly ask for feedback and even collaboration on ideas. you will go very far with this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, that means a lot. I really hope this blog gets more and more participants :)

    ReplyDelete