Saturday, June 26, 2010

Self Portaits
















Hello everyone! Exams have preoccupied most of my time lately, I haven't forgotten about you! Here are some recent photos I took on my film camera. Capturing a self portrait on film is very hard because a) different types of mirrors have different effects on photos b) film gives you no preview before you print and develop so you don't want to waste a lot of film on these types of shots but you still want them c) although surroundings do not take up much of the frame, they are very important for the atmosphere. Let me know which one you like the most!

4 comments:

  1. The first one is nice but the second one great because it's very dramatic and moody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not agree more! I have to admit... I did some tweaking on iphoto, but just a bit! The first photo looks a little washed out!
    Thanks for all the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i personally like the first one better. The second one you can't really see what you look like and who you are. Which is the whole point of a self portrait is it not??

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's true, I never thought of that! Although it looks a little grainy, which color shows easier than b&w.

    ReplyDelete